Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Public art




            The public art tour was extremely fascinating and educational. Alero and I went to seven public arts on Michigan avenue  from our assignment and three more out of the assignment on the tour.
I learned a lot from the tour and from the audio guide on the website. The main point for the existence of public art is for audience  to enjoy art out doors and on their way on their daily life. The art work that fascinated me most was the statue on grand park. The depiction of the native american bows man is very detailed up to the smallest parts of the human body. Other art works that amaze me were The cloud gate /AKA Bean and the Crown fountains. I saw them on the tour and when i listened to the audio guide, I found out that the bean was made of a fragments of stainless steel that are put together to  form the shape that we see now. The amazing thing is that I could not make out the points where the fragments connect to make the bean shape. Similarly the Crown fountains are made of  glass blocks with faces projected on the surface. The faces of 1000 Chicagoans.
  The tour was Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment